Plan your trip
Cape Construction Expo 2016 is pleased to offer our participants additional value adds when attending the event. We have negotiated special rates and savings with our preferred air, car rental and accommodation partners:
Southern Sun Waterfront
1 Lower Buitengracht Street
29 Heerengracht Street
1 St Georges Mall,
How to book accommodation?
Parking at the CTICC is never a problem, with over 1 300 secure, easily accessible on-site parking bays available to visitors.
- The 1500 bays on P1 are accessed via the Buitengracht or Walter Sisulu Avenue/Long Street entrance and require a short walk across Convention Square to enter the CTICC.
- The 250 bays on P2 are located in the Westin Cape Town hotel basement.
- The 336 bays on P3 are situated in the CTICC basement.
South African Airways is the official airline partner of Cape Construction Expo and is offering delegates great discounts on airfares. Winner of the "Best Airline in Africa" Award in the regional category for twelve consecutive years, we have no doubt you will enjoy your flight.
Please note that airfares are only applicable for travel 14 days prior and/or after the official event dates which are 11 - 12 August 2016.
- All delegates must have 2 adjacent blank pages in their passports, which must be valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended visit.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required if you are traveling from an African country.
- Visitors’ visas are required for international travellers who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
- Note that requirements are subject to change.
For information and requirements please visit: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/apply-for-a-south-african-visa
Event location and venue
Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)
Convention Square, 1
Lower Long Street,
Cape Town 8001,
About the host city
With its majestic Table Mountain backdrop, Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A harmonious blend of architectural styles reflects the tastes of dictates of the past as well as today's more functional requirements.
Between the high-rise office blocks, Edwardian and Victorian buildings have been meticulously preserved, and many outstanding examples of Cape Dutch architecture are found. Narrow, cobble stone streets and the strongly Islamic ambiance of the Bo-Kaap enhance the cosmopolitan ambiance of the city.
Uber booking instructions
Using Uber with an iPhone or Android app:
1. Go to uber.com/app to download the app.
2. To sign up for your Uber account follow the instructions and confirm your mobile number.
3. You will see a map and a green pin. Position the pin on the map where you would like to be picked up. Confirm if the address at the top of the screen is accurate.
4. Select the type of car you would like to request on the bottom of the screen
5. Press the black bar that reads "set pickup location".
6. If everything looks correct, press the request button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Uber will send a notification to confirm your ride and when your driver has arrived.
8. Enjoy the ride.
9. No need to pay with cash or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments are automatic and hassle free.
If you no longer need your ride, “press 'Cancel'. Rides cancelled after 5 minutes, will involve a cancellation fee.
Using Uber with Other smartphone: (Blackberry)
1. Sign up online or visit m.uber.com on your phone.
2. When you’re ready to ride, log in and set your pick up location, then click “request pickup here”.
3. Enjoy your ride.
4. No need to pay with cash or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments are automatic and hassle free.